Our Cone Health Emergency Service providers are focusing on delivering care at the highest standards whether you come to see us in person or schedule a virtual video visit.
Now Offering Virtual Appointments
During the COVID-19 pandemic, Cone Health is providing virtual visit options for consultation with emergency providers. If you are currently stable but unsure whether you should seek emergency care, please call us to make an appointment. Available Monday-Friday from 7 a.m. to 9 p.m. View conditions treated.
Emergency Room Visits
Trust Cone Health’s network of emergency departments in Burlington, Greensboro, Reidsville and High Point and our Level II Trauma Center to provide timely, high-quality medical care when you need it most. We have expanded safety measures to protect you and our care team, including mandatory masking, increased cleaning and hygiene measures, as well as screening all healthcare workers on a daily basis.
If you come to the emergency department, learn what to expect and discover how to make the most of your visit.
Excellent Heart & Stroke Treatment
Rest assured, you’ll be in good hands at Cone Health if you experience a heart and vascular emergency or stroke symptoms.
Recognized for Cardiovascular Care
Moses H. Cone Memorial Hospital holds the following accreditations from the Society of Cardiovascular Patient Care:
- Chest Pain Center with Primary PCI, which means you can get potentially lifesaving percutaneous coronary intervention for a heart attack 24/7 any day of the year
- Heart Failure, which means you get the right treatment at the right time to help your heart better pump blood
Also, CareChex rated Moses Cone Hospital in the top 10 percent of North Carolina providers in 2016 for providing high-quality heart attack care that leads to better-than-average outcomes.
Superior Stroke Services
For evidence-based care that consistently meets strict national guidelines, rely on Moses Cone Hospital—certified as a Primary Stroke Center by The Joint Commission.
You’ll also get top-quality services at Alamance Regional Medical Center, which CareChex rated in the top 10 percent of North Carolina providers in 2016 for helping stroke patients achieve better-than-average outcomes.
Cone Health emergency departments help speed your care by:
- Offering fast-track programs for diagnosis and treatment of minor conditions; see what hours fast-track services are available at each emergency department location
- Using telemedicine technology to give you the quickest-possible access to a variety of offsite specialists
- Sending you to a private room as soon as possible, so you spend less time waiting in the lobby
Children’s Emergency Department
Your little ones get compassionate, specialized services in the Children’s Emergency Department at Moses Cone Hospital. They benefit from experienced pediatric-care providers who use medical equipment that’s the perfect size for babies, children or teens. And because our adult emergency department is nearby, you’ll remain close to your loved ones if you need medical care, too.
Emergency Services Team
You’ll get well-rounded services from a multidisciplinary team of medical professionals, such as:
- Board-certified emergency medicine physicians who oversee your care
- Trauma surgeons, including general surgeons, neurosurgeons and orthopedic surgeons
- Critical care specialists
- Nurses certified in emergency nursing, advanced cardiac life support, adult and pediatric life support and/or trauma nursing
- Sexual assault nurse examiners (SANEs) who collect evidence and are board certified in caring for assault survivors