Cholesterol (Lipid) Management
Lipid disorders occur when people have abnormal amounts of lipids in the bloodstream. Fats such as cholesterol and triglycerides, which are critical to a diverse range of normal bodily functions, can cause cardiovascular disease in excess. In addition to diet, genetics can play a critical role in cardiovascular risk associated with high cholesterol levels.
At the Cone Health Advanced Lipid Disorders & Cardiovascular Risk Reduction Clinic, our experts focus on the diagnosis, treatment and novel clinical strategies to treat lipid disorders. We provide high quality, patient-centered care focused on improving our patients’ health.
- Advanced lipid testing and analysis, including lipoprotein particle testing, novel biomarkers of risk, coronary artery calcium scoring and screening for related genetic/inherited disorders
- Nutritional education and counseling
- Lifestyle interventions, including exercise, weight management and smoking cessation
- Treatment of complex cases, including genetic/inherited disorders, statin intolerance, medication non-responders and rare disorders
- Genetic testing using the GBInsight next-generation sequencing platform
- Nutrition counseling with licensed registered dietitians and a teaching kitchen at MedCenter Greensboro at Drawbridge Parkway.
- Access to numerous clinical trials which bring the most up to date treatment options right here in the Triad.
Our clinic is based within Cone Health Medical Group (CHMG) HeartCare. We see patients at the Northline Avenue and Church Street locations, as well as the new Cone Health MedCenter Greensboro at Drawbridge Parkway.
- Kristin Alvstad, PharmD, BCPS, CPP
- Racquel Rodriguez-Guzman, PharmD, BCPS, CPP
Church Street Office
- Chris Pavero, PharmD, BCPS, CPP
- Megan Supple, PharmD, BCPS, CPP
- Melissa Maccia, PharmD, BCPS, CPP