Imaging & Radiology
When your doctor needs to see inside your body to detect, diagnose or treat a medical condition, trust Cone Health for safe, accurate, timely imaging and radiology services.
Advanced Diagnostic Imaging
Find a wide range of diagnostic imaging services at Cone Health, including:
- Bone density testing
- Breast imaging, including breast tomosynthesis (3-D mammography)
- Cardiac imaging
- Computed tomography (CT) using advanced technology that minimizes radiation exposure as it quickly generates precise images of your head and face or structures inside your body, including your spinal cord.
- Magnetic resonance imaging (MRI), including:
- 3.0 Tesla (3T) MRI – Quickly creates extremely clear, detailed images; often used for imaging of the brain and spine
- 1.5 Tesla (1.5T) MRI – Creates high-quality images; often used for imaging of the abdomen and chest
- Wide bore and open MRIs – Have larger openings to help you feel more comfortable
- “Caring Suite” MRI – Allows you to select lighting, music and images that help you feel more relaxed and comfortable
- Molecular imaging (nuclear medicine scans), including positron emission tomography (PET), PET/CT and SPECT/CT
- Ultrasound, including abdominal ultrasound, obstetric 2-D and 3-D/4-D ultrasound, pelvic ultrasound, thyroid ultrasound, testicular ultrasound, vascular ultrasound and ultrasound elastography (EUS)
- Digital X-ray
Imaging Services For Women
Take advantage of specialty imaging services to detect and diagnose conditions that affect women’s health, including:
- Bone density testing – Reveals your risk of osteoporosis
- Breast imaging – Detects or diagnoses breast cancer
- Prenatal screenings – Provide information about your unborn baby
Gentle Imaging for Children
Rest assured that at Cone Health, your child will receive safe, high-quality imaging tests appropriate for their age and size. We’ve pledged to Image Gently® and are accredited by the American College of Radiology (ACR) in pediatric CT imaging, so you know that we’re committed to using the lowest radiation dose possible.
At Moses H. Cone Memorial Hospital, a specially trained pediatric nurse works closely with children and their parents to ease anxiety and discomfort before outpatient imaging procedures. Learn more about our children’s services.
Accredited in Lung Cancer Screenings
Find out whether you have early signs of lung cancer with a low-dose CT lung cancer screening at Cone Health. Our network includes three American College of Radiology (ACR) Designated Lung Cancer Screening Centers—Alamance Regional Medical Center, Annie Penn Hospital and LeBauer HealthCare.
Medical Imaging Safety & Expertise
Enjoy care from board-certified radiologists at facilities accredited by the American College of Radiology (ACR). ACR accreditation means you can count on us for medical imaging that meets or exceeds national quality and safety guidelines.
And because we’ve joined the pledge to Image Wisely®, you can feel confident that your doctors at Cone Health are recommending only necessary imaging tests and using the least amount of radiation necessary.
Get Your Results Quickly
In most cases, your referring physician receives your imaging test results in less than 24 hours. That means you can get a diagnosis as soon as possible so you can begin treatment if necessary. Your results also are available on MyChart—your secure online health record.
Interventional Radiology Procedures
Benefit from the knowledge and skill of board-certified interventional radiologists at Cone Health. These physicians use imaging technologies to guide a thin, flexible tube called a catheter through your blood vessels and deliver targeted treatments.
Rely on us for a wide variety of minimally invasive procedures, including:
- Heart and vascular treatments, such as angioplasty, embolization and radiofrequency ablation
- Chemoembolization, a treatment for cancer
- Central venous access
- Digestive health treatments, including biliary drainage and stenting and transjugular intrahepatic portosystemic shunt (TIPS)
- Vertebroplasty to relieve back pain