Your First Visit
Your journey to a healthy weight begins with a thorough look at your overall health and well-being.
Expect your doctor to spend your first appointment getting to know you. That’s because we want to understand the unique challenges you face, so we can create the most effective care plan for you. Trust us to treat you with respect and consideration.
What to Expect
Your comprehensive evaluation includes:
- Physical examination
- Weight, waist, and body fat measurements
- Review of your health and weight history
- Review of your family medical history
- Discussion of your lifestyle
- Time to talk about your weight-loss goals, motivations and challenges
Depending on your health history, your evaluation may include:
- Blood tests – Look for certain health problems, such as diabetes, high cholesterol, and hormone conditions, and see how well your body is working
- Cardiac stress test – Reveals how well your heart works when you’re active
- Echocardiogram – Uses high-frequency sound waves to create a picture of your heart
- Electrocardiogram (EKG) – Checks your heartbeat and helps detect certain heart conditions
- Metabolic test – Shows your resting metabolic rate, or how much energy your body needs to perform basic, daily functions
Your Results & Weight-Loss Plan
Return for a second appointment with your medical weight loss doctor about two weeks after your evaluation. During this follow-up appointment, you’ll:
- Get the results of your physical exam and medical tests
- Discuss how your health conditions affect your weight
- Talk about medications for your health conditions
- Receive your custom weight-loss plan
Life-Long Follow-Up Care
Rely on Cone Health to provide the care and support you need to control your weight for the long-term. Work with your doctor to decide how often to visit your medical weight loss and management care team.
You’ll probably see us every two weeks for the first three months. Then, you might come in once a month until you reach your goal.
After you reach your goal, check in with us every two to three months. Rest assured, your team will be here to help you maintain your results for as long as you need us.
Invite Your Support Person
You’re encouraged to bring your partner or a family member with you to the weight-loss clinic. You’ll both learn how loved ones can support you on your weight-loss journey.