Cone Health Mobile Health Program
Cone Health is bringing our award-winning care into the community for easier access to treatment, diagnosis, education, support and more. Medical care will be more accessible than ever for patients across the city of Greensboro and surrounding counties with the launch of the Cone Health Mobile Health Program.
Cone Health Mobile Medicine
The Cone Health Mobile Medicine Unit provides basic acute and primary care services, including patient education, diagnosis and treatment of acute and chronic illnesses.
The Mobile Medicine Unit, a 42-foot wheelchair-accessible customized motor coach, is equipped with two exam rooms and features a private screening room. Our team is comprised of a nurse practitioner, paramedic and program administrator.
All patients age 6 and older are welcome, including those using employer insurance, Medicare, Medicaid and the uninsured. No appointment is necessary, as patients will be seen in the order of their arrival. Please see below for a description of services offered.
- Acute disease management (colds, sore throat, flu)
- Chronic disease management (hypertension, diabetes, asthma, COPD)
- Post ED/hospital care for other acute conditions (e.g., pneumonia, cellulitis, etc.)
- No-cost or low-cost lab services for common primary care labs
- Prescriptions and pharmacist support for medication access
- Physical assessments, including sports physicals and wellness exams
- Well child and sick child visits
- Sexually transmitted infection screenings and treatment
- Behavioral health and care coordination
- Referrals to primary and specialty care as appropriate
- Women’s health support (referrals for pap smears and mammograms at low or no cost)
- Referrals to dental clinics
- Eye screenings and exams
- Food prescriptions
Cone Health Mobile Screening
Our Mobile Screening Unit is staffed by both a nurse and a health educator. Services offered include health screenings (including blood pressure and blood sugar checks), patient education (such as diabetes management information) and additional services at locations throughout our community.
The Mobile Screening Unit will make regular visits to multiple communities.
Mobile Cancer Screening Services
The Cone Health Cancer Center Mobile Screening Unit provides cancer screenings to men and women within Guilford, Rockingham, Randolph, and Alamance Counties.
Our goal is to provide men and women with limited access to healthcare in our communities the opportunity to be screened for a variety of cancer types.
Thanks to the generosity of many in our area, we can offer the Cone Health Mobile Screening Scholarship to the communities we serve.
- Breast and Cervical Control Program (BCCCP)
- Breast cancer screenings that include clinical breast exams and mammograms
- Cervical cancer screenings (pap smears)
- Prostate cancer screenings (PSA blood tests)
- Colorectal Screenings (distribution of FIT Tests)
- Lung Cancer Screenings (shared decision-making visit to determine eligibility for low dose CT)
- Oral cancer screenings
- Wisewoman Program (Diabetes and Heart Prevention Program).