Cone Health Mobile Health Program
Cone Health is bringing our award-winning care into the community for easier access to treatment, diagnosis, education, support and more. Medical care will be more accessible than ever for patients across the city of Greensboro and surrounding counties with the launch of the Cone Health Mobile Health Program.
Our Vision: To be known in our community as a primary health care provider that ministers to the whole patient (mind, body and soul), delivering an exceptional patient experience.
Our Mission: We are committed to providing quality, safe, efficient, compassionate, comprehensive and integrated medical care that is easily accessible, embracing diverse communities, edifying and empowering our patients with all available resources regardless of the ability to pay. “WE ARE RIGHT HERE WITH YOU.”
Mobile Health Vehicles
Cone Health Mobile Screening
Our Mobile Screening Unit is staffed by both a nurse and a health educator. Services offered include health screenings (including blood pressure and blood sugar checks), patient education (such as diabetes management information) and additional services at locations throughout our community. The Mobile Screening Unit will make regular visits to multiple communities.
Cone Health Mobile Medicine
The Cone Health Mobile Medicine Unit provides basic acute and primary care services, including patient education, diagnosis and treatment of acute and chronic illnesses.
The Mobile Medicine Unit, a 42-foot wheelchair-accessible customized motor coach, is equipped with two exam rooms and features a private screening room. Our team is comprised of a nurse practitioner, paramedic and program administrator.
All patients age 6 and older are welcome, including those using employer insurance, Medicare, Medicaid and the uninsured. No appointment is necessary, as patients will be seen in the order of their arrival. Please see below for a description of services offered.
- Acute disease management (colds, sore throat, flu)
- Chronic disease management (hypertension, diabetes, asthma, COPD)
- Post ED/hospital care for other acute conditions (e.g., pneumonia, cellulitis, etc.)
- No-cost or low-cost lab services for common primary care labs
- Prescriptions and pharmacist support for medication access
- Physical assessments, including sports physicals and wellness exams
- Well child and sick child visits
- Sexually transmitted infection screenings and treatment
- Behavioral health and care coordination
- Referrals to primary and specialty care as appropriate
- Women’s health support (referrals for pap smears and mammograms at low or no cost)
- Referrals to dental clinics
- Eye screenings and exams
- Food prescriptions