Brain Injury Rehabilitation
Maximize your recovery from a traumatic or acquired brain injury with inpatient and outpatient rehabilitation at Cone Health—a provider with more than a quarter-century of experience in neurorehabilitation. We’ll help improve your physical, mental and social well-being so you can live a fuller, more independent life.
Accredited Inpatient Rehabilitation
The brain injury program at Cone Health Inpatient Rehabilitation Center at Moses H. Cone Memorial Hospital is accredited by CARF International. So rest assured that you’ll benefit from:
- Evidence-based care that respects your family’s strengths, needs and preferences
- Access to comprehensive services, resources and information
- Our collaboration with many providers—from emergency to community-based professionals—to help ensure seamless, ongoing care
Explore the wide range of therapeutic services your family gets access to at our comfortable, safe inpatient rehabilitation center.
Coordinated Care from a Specialized Team
Lean on providers focused on helping you build strength, relearn skills or find new ways of accomplishing everyday tasks. Your brain injury specialty program rehabilitation team includes:
- Board-certified physical medicine and rehabilitation doctors (physiatrists)
- Rehabilitation nurses
- Physical therapists (PTs)
- Occupational therapists (OTs)
- Speech-language pathologists (SLPs)
- Recreational therapists (RT)
- Social workers
Your specialized care team works under the supervision of a board-certified physiatrist (rehabilitation doctor). The team includes certified brain injury specialists who have expertise and hundreds of hours of experience caring for brain injury patients. Cone Health is the only rehabilitation center in North Carolina that’s an Alliance member with the Academy of Certified Brain Injury Specialists.
Strong Inpatient Outcomes
Choose the Inpatient Rehabilitation Center for some of the best brain injury rehabilitation services in the country. For our most recent outcomes, view our Report Card information.
Get more information on the Cone Health Inpatient Rehabilitation Center.
Intensive Outpatient Rehabilitation
During outpatient services at Cone Health Neurorehabilitation Center or other outpatient rehabilitation locations, you gain access to caring specialists who provide:
- Physical therapy (PT) – Improves the ability to move and balance
- Occupational therapy (OT) – Teaches strategies and recommends adaptive equipment for completing daily tasks and activities
- Speech therapy – Promotes language skills, builds swallowing abilities and helps with cognition
- Neuropsychological care – Evaluates and manages changes in thinking, mood and behavior
- Safety awareness training – Shows you how to modify your home and lifestyle to prevent accidents
- Splints or casts – Manage spasticity and muscle tightness
- Vision rehabilitation – Teaches ways to make the most of your sight
- Wheelchair evaluations and prescriptions – Help you choose and learn to use mobility equipment, when necessary
When possible, we’ll schedule your rehabilitation appointments together, so you can see multiple professionals in the same visit.