Neuropsychological care at Cone Health helps you understand and adjust to a neurological condition. Through comprehensive testing and treatment, you’ll get help making the most of your daily life and relationships.
Your care at Cone Health begins with an evaluation that includes:
- A review of medical records
- An interview with you and possibly a loved one about your background and symptoms
- Tests that assess thinking, mood, problem-solving abilities, motor skills, visual perception, language abilities and/or other factors.
The results of the evaluation guide your care team in recommending ways to help you improve daily functioning and feel better.
After the assessment, Cone Health’s caring neuropsychologist can:
- Treat adolescents and adults who have an acquired brain injury
- Provide cognitive behavioral therapy to improve thinking and acting
- Offer family therapy to strengthen relationships
- Help you adjust to changes in your abilities
- Teach psychological techniques to manage pain