Neurosurgery & Interventional Neuroradiology
When a surgical procedure is the best treatment option for your brain or spine, choose Cone Health for expert care. Our neurosurgeons trained at leading medical centers and perform thousands of inpatient and outpatient operations each year, which means we have the experience to help you return to the best possible level of functioning.
Interventional neuroradiology, or endovascular surgical neuroradiology, diagnoses and treats your condition with minimally invasive techniques that speed your recovery. Turn to Cone Health for one of these interventional procedures:
- Angioplasty and stenting in intracranial, carotid and vertebral arteries – Opens and reinforces arteries that supply blood to the brain
- Diagnostic cerebral angiograms and spinal angiograms – Measure blood flow in arteries
- Embolization of head and neck tumors – Shrinks abnormal growths by blocking their blood supply
- Endovascular treatment of acute ischemic stroke – Removes a blood clot in an artery to your brain
- Treatment of brain aneurysms, arteriovenous malformations, vascular malformations, dural arteriovenous fistulas, dural venous sinus thrombosis and nosebleeds
- Vertebroplasty, kyphoplasty and sacroplasty – Inject a cement-like substance into vertebral fractures to stabilize the bone.
Trust Moses H. Cone Memorial Hospital to provide many of the innovative brain and spine surgeries you’d find at large medical centers, including procedures that treat:
Your surgical team works closely with neurologists, neuroradiologists, radiation oncologists and rehabilitation specialists to develop a comprehensive treatment plan tailored to you. After surgery, you’ll recover in a neuro intensive care unit (ICU) with specialized staff and technology that improve your outcome.