When aches and pains limit your everyday activities, turn to the orthopedic specialists at Cone Health. You’ll find a full spectrum of conservative treatments and surgical procedures in Greensboro, Burlington and Reidsville to improve your mobility and maximize your independence so you can enjoy a better quality of life.
Bone & Joint Experts
Trust the knowledge and experience of board-certified orthopedic surgeons with advanced subspecialty training. Because our doctors work together to share best practices and implement new treatments and technologies across the Cone Health network, you’ll benefit from advanced, high-quality care wherever you are.
Recognized for Quality Care
- Received the 2018 One of “America’s 100 Best Hospitals for Pulmonary Care” Award™ from HealthGrades.
Cone Health has been named one of the 100 hospitals and health networks with great orthopedic programs by Becker’s Hospital Review.
Blue Cross Blue Shield designated Alamance Regional Medical Center, Moses H. Cone Memorial Hospital and Wesley Long Hospital as Blue Distinction Centers+ for hip and knee replacement. That means you can expect high-quality, cost-effective care and you’re unlikely to experience complications or hospital readmission after surgery.
Moses Cone Hospital is rated as high-performing for hip and knee replacement procedures by U.S. News & World Report, placing us in the top 2 percent of hospitals nationwide.
The Moses H. Cone Memorial Hospital is the only hospital in the Piedmont Triad* to receive both a Five-Star in Total Knee Replacement and a Five-Star in Total Hip Replacement by Healthgrades® in 2017. Our Orthopedic service line also received a Five-Star in Hip Fracture Treatment. * Piedmont Triad includes: Alamance, Caswell, Davidson, Davie, Forsyth, Guilford, Montgomery, Randolph, Stokes, Surry and Yadkin Counties in North Carolina.
Cone Health was ranked #14 in the nation for Medical Excellence in Orthopedic Care in the CareChex 2017 ranking of America’s Top Quality Hospitals.
- Cone Health* is rated in the top ten percent for quality outcomes in hip and knee replacement, and hip fracture repair, out of approximately 1,150 U.S. hospitals – Premier Inc., 2016 (*Reflects outcomes at Wesley Long Hospital and The Moses H. Cone Memorial Hospital)
Individualized Orthopedic Care
Find care for all conditions affecting your bones, joints, muscles, ligaments and tendons, including back pain, broken bones, hip and knee pain, osteoarthritis, rheumatoid arthritis, shoulder pain and injuries, sports-related injuries and sprains and strains.
Partner with your orthopedist to develop a comprehensive care plan tailored to your condition, preferences and treatment goals.
At Cone Health, you have access to an extensive array of surgical treatments, including nationally recognized joint replacement services. Whenever possible, your surgeon uses minimally invasive arthroscopic techniques so you experience less pain and scarring and a quicker recovery time.
Rest assured, your doctor will work with you to explain all your options, help you choose the best procedure for you, and create a plan for a smooth recovery. You’ll receive a follow-up care and rehabilitation plan tailored to your specific needs.
Whenever possible, we will work with you to restore your health and wellness with conservative treatments. Depending on your condition, you may benefit from:
- Casts or splints – Immobilize or support an injured body part
- Custom orthotics – Support and relieve pain in your foot and leg
- Joint dislocation reduction – Manipulates your bones to return them to their normal position
- Joint injections, including cortisone injections – Relieve pain and improve function
- Medications to reduce inflammation and/or control pain
- Occupational and physical therapy – Help you move and perform everyday tasks more easily and independently