Pregnancy & Childbirth
Every pregnancy and every birth is unique. Find care customized for you and your family at Cone Health.
Personalized Prenatal Care
Partner with a Cone Health doctor or certified nurse-midwife for prenatal care that keeps you and your baby as healthy as possible throughout your pregnancy.
Classes for the Entire Family
Take advantage of classes designed to help everyone in your family prepare for and adjust to life with a newborn. Explore Cone Health’s pregnancy and parenting classes in Greensboro and Burlington.
Family-Centered Birth Care
Whether you deliver in Greensboro or Burlington, you can expect family-centered maternity care. That means:
- Your care team will help you make informed choices about your labor, birth and postpartum care
- Families are kept together as much as possible—your support person can be by your side 24/7 and your baby stays in your room with you throughout your stay
- You’ll be able to hold your baby skin-to-skin immediately after delivery whenever possible
- Maternity nurses provide hands-on education so you gain confidence bathing, changing, soothing and feeding your new baby
- You’ll have access to breastfeeding support from certified lactation consultants
Family-Centered Cesarean Birth
If you deliver by cesarean section, you’ll have options for a family-focused birth experience whenever possible. Your support person can be by your side and you’ll be able to hold your baby skin-to-skin and attempt breastfeeding, if desired, immediately after birth. If you’d like to watch your baby’s delivery, ask your birth team about a clear drape or lowering your drape.
Commitment to Quality
We are a leader in providing safe, high-quality care to mothers and babies. Our hospitals exceed national averages in all maternity care quality measures from The Joint Commission, and we follow national Alliance for Innovation on Maternal Health (AIM) protocols for managing pregnancy and childbirth complications to help keep you and your baby safe and healthy.
Special Care for High-Risk Moms & Babies
When you or your baby experience a special health need, turn to Cone Health for care that helps keep you and your baby as healthy as possible. Learn about: