Skip to Content

Infertility Care & Support

When you need help getting pregnant, count on Cone Health for access to fertility specialists along with support that helps you and your partner cope.

When Should I Seek Help Getting Pregnant?

Ask your primary care provider or gynecologist for a referral to a fertility specialist if you experience medical conditions, such as endometriosis, that can affect fertility, or if you’ve been trying to conceive without success for:

  • 12 months and are younger than 35 years old
  • 6 months and are 35 to 40 years old
  • 3 months and are over 40 years old

Fertility Services for You

Through our partnerships with regional providers, you’ll gain access to a full range of tests and treatments, including:

  • Fertility preservation – Freezes semen, eggs or embryos for future use
  • Fertility testing – Help determine why you’re experiencing challenges achieving pregnancy
  • Fertility drugs (ovulation induction) – Stimulate the ovaries to release an egg or eggs
  • Intrauterine insemination (IUI) – Places sperm directly into the uterus
  • In vitro fertilization (IVF) – Combines an egg and sperm in a lab, then places them in the uterus

Infertility Resources

Connect with other couples facing fertility challenges and learn strategies to help you communicate and cope throughout your journey to build your family.

Online Resources

For additional support and information, explore:

Miscarriage Support

If you experience pregnancy loss, find support from the compassionate chaplains in Women’s Hospital Comfort Program and the Alamance Regional Pastoral Care and Counseling Department.

Wellness Matters