When you choose a Cone Health-affiliated primary care physician or advanced practice provider, you gain a long-term partner in health. Your PCP gets to know you, your health history and your personal goals as you visit regularly for preventive care and treatment of a wide range of illnesses and medical conditions.
What Does a PCP Do?
Your PCP is your main health care provider. That means he or she should be the person you call for non-emergency medical care. Count on your PCP for:
- Preventive care, including annual physicals, routine health screenings and immunizations
- Diagnosis and treatment of common conditions
- Assistance managing chronic conditions
- Referrals to specialty care when needed
- Coordination of care across settings and providers
Types of Primary Care Providers
Find the right type of primary care doctor or provider for you and your family at Cone Health:
General Medicine Primary Care
Specialized Primary Care
You also may see an Advanced Practice Provider (APP) which includes nurse practitioners (NP) or physician assistants (PA)—providers with advanced degrees who work closely with physicians and can provide direct care and prescribe medications.