When you choose a Cone Health-affiliated primary care provider, you gain a long-term partner in health. Your PCP gets to know you, your health history and your personal goals as you visit regularly for preventive care and treatment of a wide range of illnesses and medical conditions.
Types of Primary Care Providers
Find the right type of primary care provider for you and your family at Cone Health:
You also may see a nurse practitioner (NP) or physician assistant (PA)—providers with advanced degrees who work closely with physicians and can provide direct care and prescribe medications.
What Does a PCP Do?
Your PCP is your main health care provider. That means he or she should be the person you call for non-emergency medical care. Count on your PCP for:
- Preventive care, including annual physicals, routine health screenings and immunizations
- Diagnosis and treatment of common conditions
- Assistance managing chronic conditions
- Referrals to specialty care when needed
- Coordination of care across settings and providers