Published on June 18, 2018
8 Surprising Benefits of Regular Exercise
We all know that exercise is good for your body. It can help you maintain a healthy weight and keep your muscles toned and your bones strong. But there are also some benefits of regular exercise that you might not realize, including:
- Improved memory and mental clarity. Having trouble focusing on a project or thinking a problem through? Get up and get your body moving. The increased blood flow means more oxygen for your brain. Exercise also aids the production of certain hormones that help you grow healthy brain cells.
- Better balance, coordination and stability. Keeping your core strong is essential, especially as you age.
- Less pain and better quality of life. Regular exercise can relieve chronic pain, increase your tolerance for pain and decrease your perception of pain.
- Clearer and younger-looking skin. Regular moderate exercise increases production of antioxidants and can help fight the signs of aging.
- Reduced risk of chronic diseases like Type 2 diabetes and heart disease.
- Better work-life balance. People who stick to a regular workout schedule tend to have fewer conflicts between work and home.
- Improved sleep quality and more energy throughout your day. Working up a sweat during the day helps you stay cooler at night, which means better sleep.
- Better sex. Regular exercise can boost sex drive and endurance and can lead to a more rewarding experience for both men and women.