You count on your family doctor for everything from preventive health care to relief from the latest stomach bug. At Cone Health, you and your family benefit from experienced physicians who are dedicated to providing comprehensive care that keeps you feeling your best every day.
Coordinated, Patient-Centered Care
Your Cone Health family doctor gets to know you—your preferences, your family, your beliefs and your cultural values. That way, you can work together to choose care that fits your medical needs and your lifestyle.
Following the medical home model, your Cone Health family practitioner serves as your “home base” for care. You can count on safe, consistent care because your physician will stay in touch with your specialists. With Cone HealthLink, your family doctor and other Cone Health specialists have secure, immediate access to your medical record so they’ll always have a current, complete picture of your health.
Family Medicine Services
Think of your Cone Health family doctor as your go-to source for prevention, early detection, and treatment or management of physical and behavioral health issues. See your provider for:
- Regular checkups and screenings
- Immunizations, including flu vaccines
- School, sport, camp and employment physicals
- Healthy lifestyle counseling
- Diagnosis and treatment of illnesses and injuries
- Management of chronic health conditions
- Medication management
- Women’s care, including Pap smears
- Men’s care, including PSA tests
- Referrals to specialty care
Specialty Care from Your Family Doctor
Some Cone Health family practitioner also offer specialty care, so you can get treatment from a familiar face when you need care for:
- Behavioral health conditions, such as anxiety and depression
- Diabetes and other endocrine (hormonal) disorders
- Digestive health issues, such as heartburn
- Ear, nose and throat conditions, including ear infections
- Pulmonary (lung and breathing) disorders, such as asthma
- Skin conditions, including acne, eczema and rashes
- Sports injuries, joint pain and arthritis
- Urinary tract infections and other urological conditions
In addition, our network includes family physicians who provide:
- Specialized care for older adults, including balance and memory assessments
- Specialized care for new immigrants
- FAA pilot medical certification
- Department of Transportation (DOT) physical exams
See our provider directory to find a doctor who specializes in the care you’re looking for.
Care Where & When You Need It
When you or your family member experiences an illness or injury, you benefit from quick access to your doctor. Many Cone Health family physicians offer same-day sick care, and some offer Saturday appointments or extended weekday hours.