Admission to the Inpatient Rehabilitation Center
Admission to the Cone Health Inpatient Rehabilitation Center is based on your or your loved one’s need for and ability to participate in and benefit from our comprehensive services.
To be admitted to the Cone Health Inpatient Rehabilitation Center, you or your loved one must:
- Be 18 years of age or older
- Need close medical supervision by a physician who specializes in rehabilitation
- Need round-the-clock rehabilitation nursing care
- Require intensive, coordinated rehabilitation in at least two of the following areas:
- Communication/cognition skills
- Mobility skills
- Self-care skills
- Require at least two of the following types of therapy:
- Occupational therapy
- Physical therapy
- Speech therapy
- Have the potential to participate in at least three hours of therapy, five days per week
- Be likely to benefit from our program within a reasonable period of time
- Be free from major psychiatric or behavioral disorders that may prevent the benefits of rehabilitation
Discharge from the Program
Discharge planning begins at or before the time of admission. Work closely with our social worker to plan for and coordinate discharge so you or your loved one experiences a seamless transition home or to another level of care.
The majority of our patients enjoy a planned discharge after achieving their rehabilitation goals. However, you also may leave the program if you become ill, are unable to make progress toward your goals, or decline to participate.