Gain skills and strategies to help you live as independently as possible with occupational therapy at Cone Health.
Ways Occupational Therapy Can Help
Depend on your occupational therapist (OT) to help you improve your ability to do the things you need and want to do—from getting dressed to gardening to completing work. Your Cone Health occupational therapist may help you make tasks easier and safer by:
- Guiding you through activities and exercises to improve coordination, motion, strength and function
- Showing you how to use adaptive equipment or how to adapt a task to improve your success
- Creating splints to reduce spasticity (muscle stiffness), improve or maintain motion, decrease pain, improve positioning, or protect you after an injury
- Recommending changes to your home or work environment
- Partnering with your family and caregivers to solve problems and promote activity
- Offering education on community resources
- Providing cognitive and sensory retraining
Conditions that Benefit
Take advantage of effective outpatient occupational therapy as you recover from surgery or experience:
- Shoulder, elbow, wrist, hand, and finger injuries
- Joint pain, stiffness or injury
- Limb loss
- Low vision or visual impairment
- Neurological conditions that impair movement, including movement disorders, brain injury and spinal cord injury
- Work-related injury
Experienced OTs, One-on-One Attention
At Cone Health, you’ll enjoy one-on-one attention from a licensed occupational therapist or occupational therapy assistant throughout your treatment. We’ll take the time to get to know you, understand your unique challenges and goals, and develop a care plan that fits your needs.
Friendly Environment, Specialized Amenities
Enjoy the warm, friendly environment of your local occupational therapy clinic while accessing our specialized services and facilities.
At our locations in Greensboro, Reidsville, and Burlington, you will gain confidence in your ability to safely prepare and clean up after meals in our fully equipped therapy kitchens. Our Reidsville location also features a home-like bathroom where you can practice self-care tasks and strategies.