Pelvic Floor Rehabilitation
Ease pelvic pain or improve incontinence with specialized physical therapy (PT) at Cone Health. In our pelvic floor rehabilitation programs you’ll work one-on-one with a licensed therapist to improve your muscle control and function so you can enjoy a better quality of life.
Conditions that Benefit from Pelvic PT
Your doctor may recommend pelvic floor physical therapy if you experience:
Pelvic Floor Rehabilitation Techniques
Your physical therapist will create a treatment plan based on your condition, symptoms and goals. Your plan may include a variety of strategies, such as:
- Biofeedback therapy – Helps you identify, control and coordinate your pelvic muscles to improve bladder function or ease pain
- Education on posture, breathing, pain management, self-care and the science behind the mechanisms of pain
- Exercise prescription – Includes instruction in a home exercise program to improve function, reduce pain and promote healing
- Manual therapy, including joint and soft tissue mobilization – Facilitates healing, proper alignment and improved soft tissue function
- Pain relief techniques, such as electrical stimulation, heat and cold therapy, and ultrasound
Therapy for Incontinence
If you occasionally leak urine when you cough, sneeze or exercise, or you feel sudden, uncontrollable urges to urinate, improve bladder control with specialized pelvic floor physical therapy for incontinence. Rely on your Cone Health physical therapist to help you strengthen your pelvic floor muscles and, if needed, improve your overall mobility, strength and coordination. Your incontinence therapy also may include behavior modification recommendations.
Compassionate, Knowledgeable Care
You’ll appreciate the knowledge and expertise of physical therapists with advanced training in treating pelvic floor conditions. Rest assured that we provide private, confidential care and will work with you to create a treatment plan that’s comfortable for you.