When you need help adapting to a new prosthetic device or component of a prosthetic device, or if you need help adjusting to limb loss, turn to Cone Health outpatient rehabilitation services for comprehensive, compassionate care. You’ll benefit from a team of providers dedicated to helping you live as independently as possible.
Prosthetics Services We Offer
Depend on Cone Health for:
- Pre-prosthetic assessment – Examines factors that affect your ability to use a prosthetic device
- Pre-prosthetic care – Assists with skin issues, edema (swelling) management and residual limb care
- Prosthetics education and training – Shows you how to safely use and care for your prosthesis
- Physical therapy – Helps you move more easily and with less pain, as well as build strength, balance and endurance
- Occupational therapy – Helps you more easily complete daily tasks, including self-care duties and leisure or work activities
Individualized Care Plan
Work with your physical or occupational therapist to create a care plan customized to your needs and goals. Whenever possible, we’ll help you return to your prior level of function.
In addition to regular, one-on-one therapy sessions, you’ll receive a customized home exercise program to help you build strength, endurance, mobility and range of motion. Follow your home exercise program to get the best possible outcome from your therapy.
Resources & Support After Limb Loss
Find resources and support to help you live well after losing a limb.