Sickle Cell Care
When you live with sickle cell disease, partner with Cone Health’s specialized primary care providers to better manage your health and protect your well-being. See why more than 400 adults in the Triad trust us for care.
Specialized Primary Care
Choose Cone Health Medical Group's Patient Care Center as your patient-centered medical home. You’ll build long-term relationships with providers experienced in caring for people with your condition. Rely on us to coordinate your care and act as your health care advocate.
Sickle Cell Disease Management
Live with less pain and decrease your need for emergency department care and hospitalization by working with your provider to create a customized care plan to prevent sickle cell crisis (vaso-occlusive crisis) and other complications.
Your plan may include:
- Routine physical check-ups
- Preventive care, such as immunizations and screenings
- Lifestyle modifications, including nutrition and exercise recommendations
- Vitamins and supplements
- Medications, including hydroxyurea
- Blood transfusions
Visit our online health library to learn more about living well with sickle cell disease.
Holistic Care from a Multidisciplinary Team
Enjoy multidisciplinary care that addresses your overall physical and emotional health so you can live an active life. At the Patient Care Center, your team includes:
- Board-certified physicians
- Certified family nurse practitioner
- Nurse case manager – Provides care and education; assists with transitions between home, office and hospital settings
- Patient navigator/social worker – Provides support and connects you with community resources
- Mental health counselor – Helps you cope with the emotional challenges of living with a chronic condition
- Massage therapist – Eases pain through touch
Count on complete access to community support and resources thanks to our partnership with Piedmont Health Services and Sickle Cell Agency.
Office-Based Crisis Management
When you experience sickle cell crisis, get relief in our specialized medical center. You’ll benefit from quick access to effective pain-relief treatments and economical office-based care.