There are few parts of the human body more vital than the spine. Cone Health is a nationally-recognized leader in spine care, ranked number one in North Carolina for medical excellence in both spinal surgery and spinal fusion (CareChex®, an information service of Quantros, Inc.TM, 2018).
The world-class physicians, caregivers and technology at Cone Health provide advanced support and treatment for the entire spectrum of spine conditions. Our physicians perform thousands of inpatient and outpatient operations and procedures each year, which means we have the experience to help patients return to the best possible level of functioning.
Recent national rankings indicate the high quality of Cone Health’s spine care.
The spine surgeons of Cone Health provide comprehensive treatment in the following areas:
Complex Spine Procedures
- Thoracoscopic Spine Surgery
- Minimally Invasive Spinal Surgery including:
- Minimally Invasive Extreme Lateral Interbody Fusion (XLIF)
- Minimally Invasive Posterior Lumbar Interbody Fusion (PLIF)
- Artificial Disc Implantation (Lumbar, Cervical)
- Instrumented Spinal Fusions
- Anterior Discectomy and Fusion
- Anterior and Posterior Spinal Instrumentation
- Anterior Odontoid Screw Fixation
- C 1-2 Transarticular Screw Fixation and Fusion
- Pedicle Screw Fixation
- Adult Scoliosis Surgery
- Neuro Navigator