Spinal Cord Injury Rehabilitation
To increase your independence after a spinal cord injury, take advantage of inpatient and outpatient rehabilitation at Cone Health. Partner with our board-certified physiatrist (rehabilitation doctor) and compassionate, multidisciplinary team as you journey to recovery and expand your abilities.
Here, it’s our goal to make you feel comfortable and welcome right from the start. You’ll meet your care team early on so you know who will be helping you recover and cheering you on along the way. We’ll work closely with you to put together goals for your time in rehab, taking your individual lifestyle into account. Whether your stay with us is long- or short-lived, we want your time with us to be as positive and productive as possible.
Comprehensive Inpatient Rehabilitation
In the spinal cord injury program at Cone Health Inpatient Rehabilitation Center, you’ll work toward the goal of returning home. You, your family and our care team will develop a personalized care plan to help you:
- Build strength, mobility skills and endurance
- Master self-care techniques, including bowel and bladder management
- Learn how to use adaptive equipment and assistive technology to complete daily tasks
- Define what intimacy can look like within your close relationships after your injury
- Maintain good health and prevent complications of your injury
- Cope with your condition
- Reintegrate into the community
Your loved ones can join you for therapy sessions and local outings to reinforce your progress and discover how to care for you.
Explore the wide range of therapeutic services that you and your family gain access to at our comfortable, safe inpatient rehabilitation center at Moses H. Cone Memorial Hospital.
Other helpful resources for your rehabilitation needs may include:
Learn more about the Cone Health Inpatient Rehabilitation Center.