Volunteer Opportunities - Alamance County
Alamance Regional and MedCenter Mebane
Volunteers of all ages are making a difference at Alamance Regional Medical Center and MedCenter Mebane. Every day, volunteers greet visitors, escort patients for discharge, provide directions, deliver patient mail and perform countless other tasks. The smiles, comfort and helping hands they offer to patients and families are a vital part of our organization. They also provide Med Alert services to the surrounding community and operate a hospital shuttle and two gift shops on our main campus.
Our volunteers work through the Alamance Regional Medical Center Auxiliary. The auxiliary also raises funds to provide equipment that enhances patient care. If you would like to be a part of our volunteer team, please complete the appropriate application and return via mail or fax to Gina Blackwell, Director of Volunteer and Guest Services. Adult volunteer applications are accepted year round; teen volunteer applications are accepted in the spring, at the information sessions noted below. If you have questions or comments, please feel free to contact Gina at (336) 538-7545.
How to Become an Adult Volunteer
To apply for a volunteer position, download the appropriate application using the links below. Adult volunteers will also need to download and complete the background check form.
Once you have downloaded, printed and completed the forms, you may return them to Gina Blackwell at the fax number or mailing address listed on the application, or you may bring them with you to the new volunteer information/orientation session.
Adult new volunteer information/orientation sessions are scheduled as follows:
- Tuesday, January 7, 2020, 1:00 p.m. – 5:00 p.m.
- Tuesday, February 4, 2020, 1:00 p.m. – 5:00 p.m.
- Tuesday, March 3, 2020, 1:00 p.m. – 5:00 p.m.
- Tuesday, April 7, 2020, 1:00 p.m. – 5:00 p.m.
- Tuesday, May 5, 2020, 1:00 p.m. – 5:00 p.m.
- Tuesday, June 2, 2020, 1:00 p.m. – 5:00 p.m.
- Tuesday, July 7, 2020, 1:00 p.m. – 5:00 p.m.
- Tuesday, August 4, 2020, 1:00 p.m. – 5:00 p.m.
- Tuesday, September 1, 2020, 1:00 p.m. – 5:00 p.m.
- Tuesday, October 6, 2020, 1:00 p.m. – 5:00 p.m.
- Tuesday, November 3, 2020, 1:00 p.m. – 5:00 p.m.
- Tuesday, December 1, 2020, 1:00 p.m. – 5:00 p.m.
You may park in the Medical Mall parking lot and enter through the Medical Mall entrance. A volunteer will be glad to escort you to the classroom.
Teen Volunteer Requirements
To qualify as a teen volunteer you must:
- Be at least 15 years of age by September 1, 2020.
- Have at least a B average in school.
- Be willing to work a set schedule, volunteering for one 7.5-hour shift each week.
Our six-week summer program begins Monday, June 22, 2020, and ends Friday, July 31, 2020. Every teen is expected to actively volunteer for at least five of the six weeks. There are no exceptions!
If you have any questions, please call us at (336) 538-7545 during normal business hours.
How to Become a Teen Volunteer
You and a parent or guardian must attend one of our mandatory information sessions. No preregistration is necessary. If you do not attend one of our information sessions, you will not be eligible to become a summer teen volunteer. Our upcoming information sessions are scheduled:
- Wednesday, April 29, 2020 , from 6:00 p.m. to 8:00 p.m., Education Center
- Monday, May 4, 2020, from 6:00 p.m. to 8:00 p.m., Education Center
- Thursday, May 7, 2020, from 6:00 p.m. to 8:00 p.m., Education Center
The Education Center is located on the lower level of the main hospital at 1240 Huffman Mill Road, Burlington, NC 27215. You may enter through the Medical Mall entrance. During our information sessions, we will share valuable information for prospective volunteers. Each teen volunteer candidate must bring the following paperwork to this session:
- A completed application.
- A copy of your immunization records.
- First time teen volunteers will require a TB skin test or quantiferon before volunteering, in addition to their other immunization requirements. Returning teens will not be required to have a TB skin test or quantiferon, unless high risk travel has been identified or their TB screening document is abnormal.
- A copy of your report card showing at least a B average.
- A school picture (wallet size), snapshot or copy of driver's license.
- School recommendation/letter of reference (teacher, principal, guidance counselor, coach).
- Community recommendation/letter of reference (employer, youth leader, community leader).
Please bring copies that you will be able to leave with us. We will not be able to make copies of your documentation.
If chosen for the teen program, you will be required to attend our Teen Orientation to be held on Saturday, June 20, 2020, 9:00 a.m. to 1:30 p.m. only. Orientation will be held in the Education Center located on the lower level of the main hospital. You may enter through the Medical Mall entrance. You must be present for this orientation in order to volunteer – no exceptions.
Download Teen Volunteer Application.