College Age Volunteers
We hope you consider participating in Cone Health’s college age volunteer program, a great way to get hands-on experience in a hospital setting. As a volunteer, you will have the personal satisfaction of helping others.
Our ideal volunteer candidate is someone who genuinely wants to serve others and make a difference in the daily lives of our patients, visitors and staff. Every assignment completed by a volunteer supports our efforts to provide exemplary care. Our ideal volunteer knows that there are no small tasks when it comes to serving others.
This information applies to volunteer positions at the Moses H Cone Memorial Hospital. View volunteer opportunities at Women's Hospital.
To become a college age volunteer (ages 18-25) with Cone Health, applicants must be:
- Currently enrolled in an accredited college program and/or a high school graduate.
- Able to volunteer during BOTH academic semesters (Fall & Spring).
- Willing to complete the 60 hours of required service during your time as an active volunteer.
IMPORTANT: We only accept college age volunteers from August 1st through September 15th. THERE ARE NO EXCEPTIONS. Thank you.
College Age Volunteer Roles
College age volunteers will begin their volunteer experience on the Moses Cone campus in one of the roles listed below. Following completion of at least 30 hours in this assigned role, the student may be afforded the opportunity to fill other volunteer needs within Cone Health.
- Guest Services: assist patients entering and leaving the facility from various service areas/nursing units
- North Tower Greeter: escort visitors/patients, physically assist patients/families/visitors, round in waiting areas/main corridors.
How To Become A Volunteer
Simply fill out this form and email to Volunteer.firstname.lastname@example.org
If we have a position available on the Moses Cone campus we will contact you via email within 5-7 business days. We sincerely thank you for your interest.