Volunteer Opportunities - Guilford and Forsyth Counties
Please consider volunteering with Cone Health. Not only will you benefit from the personal satisfaction of helping others, you will be providing a valuable service for the people of our community.
When considering volunteer applications, we value teamwork, compassion, a caring attitude and respect for confidentiality. We invite you to explore the many opportunities our exceptional hospital has to offer.
The information below applies to volunteer positions at Moses Cone Hospital, Wesley Long Hospital, Cone Health Cancer Center, MedCenter High Point and MedCenter Kernersville. View opportunities at Women's Hospital.
For our volunteers, the opportunity to give is more than just the hours they spend at the hospital. Whether our volunteers have made another’s job easier, helped comfort a patient or assisted a family member, our volunteers say their experiences give them a strong sense of personal satisfaction beyond what they could have imagined.
Who Are We Looking For?
Our ideal volunteer candidate is someone who genuinely wants to serve others and make a difference in the daily lives of our patients, visitors and staff. Every assignment completed by a volunteer supports our efforts to provide exemplary care. Our ideal volunteer knows that there are no small tasks when it comes to serving others.
Volunteer opportunities vary from campus to campus. Not every example is available at every location.
- Cancer Center Help: Volunteers assist staff and provide patients who receive chemo with drinks, snacks, magazines and warm blankets.
- Clerical Projects/Department Assistants: Volunteers perform a wide range of support for various departments such as filing, collating, addressing and stuffing envelopes, answering phones and running errands
- Discharge Escorts: Volunteers transport patients from their rooms to their cars after discharge and run errands for the nursing units.
- Emergency Department: Volunteers serve as a liaison between families, patients and medical staff. They provide regular nonmedical updates, check on patients and assist with special needs.
- Greeter/Way Finder: Our first-impression volunteers assist the entrance desk with greeting and escorting customers.
- Information Desk: Volunteers greet and provide patient room numbers and directional information to visitors entering at the main entrance. Computer skills are helpful.
- Gift Shop Sales Associates: Volunteers assist customers, display merchandise and assist with inventory control.
We ask that all of our adult volunteers commit to a minimum of 60 hours of service within a 12-month period, serving at least one two- to four-hour shift per week. Morning and afternoon shifts are available in most service areas. Evening and weekend shifts are available in some service areas.
How to Become a Volunteer
If you are interested in becoming a volunteer at one of the campuses listed above, please attend one of the following information sessions.
Wesley Long Hospital
- 1st Wednesday of every month @ 5:30pm in the Private Dining Room - Basement Floor
- 2nd Wednesday of every month @ Noon in the Private Dining Room - Basement Floor
Moses Cone Hospital
- 2nd Wednesday of every month @ Noon in the Solarium Conference Room – 3rd floor, central wing
- 3rd Wednesday of every month @ 5:30pm in the Solarium Conference Room – 3rd floor, central wing
- Moses Cone 336-832-8145
- Wesley Long 336-832-1745
We look forward to meeting you!